Old Forge Elementary School is nestled in the corn fields of northeastern Washington County. It is a beautiful rural region of small towns and farms. We are located on Old Forge Road between Leitersburg and Chewsville and just west of Smithsburg.
From Baltimore and Washington via Interstate 70
- Take the Boonsboro-Smithsburg exit to Route #66.
- Turn towards Smithsburg. Stay on #66 as you go through the traffic circle.
- Proceed to the stoplight at the intersection of Routes #66 and #64.
- You should see a large AT&T station on the right.
- Turn left on Route #64 to Itnyre Road.
- At the Rapid Lube, turn right onto Itnyre Road. (Your only choice!)
- Proceed over the railroad tracks to Cave Hill Road.
- Turn left onto Cave Hill Road and wind around to its end.
- You should be able to see Old Forge School to your left.
From Interstate 81 (From the South)
- Take Rt.40 East exit through town and pass the Hagerstown Family Diner.
- Get in the left lane and turn left onto Eastern Blvd.
- Continue on Eastern Blvd. to Rt 64 and turn right.
- Follow Rt. 64 out of town past the stop light at Robinwood Drive.
- About 1/2 mile past Robinwood Drive, turn left and cross the railroad tracks. Be careful here!
- Drive up the hill onto Little Antietam Rd (Rt.62).
- Continue on Rt.62 until you get to a fork in the road.
- Take the right fork.
- Go straight to the stop sign.
- Turn right onto Old Forge Road (.8 of a mile).
- Old Forge School is on the right.
From I-81 (From the North)
- Take Exit 9, Maugans Avenue, and go left towards Mack Trucks.
- Go straight at the light at Sheetz, crossing over Route 11.
- Go past the fire hall, feed mill, and Paramount School.
- At Route 60 (Leitersburg Pike), turn left.
- Go about 3 miles and turn right onto Route 62, or Little Antietam Road.
- Follow this to Old Forge Road.
- Turn left.
- We are about a half a mile on the right.