Images can be added to any text box in LibGuides or to the text section of other kinds of boxes.
Your LibGuides account includes an Image Manager (accessible under Content in the gold menu bar) to which you can upload images to use in your guides.
Information on this page covers:
As your Image Library grows, it may become harder to find a particular image you are looking for.
The Image Library includes a folder system for organizing your images. Simply click on Create New Folder and name it.
The Image Library also allows for the creation of a Shared Library in addition to your personal library. This comes in handy when working with others on a guide or when others may benefit from images you have harvested from various locations.
If your Image Library is large and you are having difficulty finding the image you need, you can use the Search Image Name field and type in a portion of the image name. Images that have that text as part of their filename will appear.
Choose your image filenames carefully to make this tool most effective. You might, for instance, include the name of the guide as part of the file names.
1. In the text editor, go to the place in a text box that you want the image to appear and click on the image icon (looks like a picture frame)
2. Enter the URL of the image where it says "Image URL."
3. To get the URL of an image on the Web, right-click on the image. In Firefox, you can then click on "Copy image location" to grab it for pasting into LibGuides. In Internet Explorer, click on "Properties" and highlight and copy the URL.
4. Depending on how you want to align the image, you can then either leave the alignment at "Not Set" or change it. (See Aligning Images & Text for more information.)
5. Remember that an image you link to from the Web may not stay there forever.
1. Go to the LibGuide and content Box where you want the image to appear
2. Go to Add/Reorder and select Rich Text/HTML
3. In the text editor, go to the place in a text box that you want the image to appear and click on the image icon (looks like a picture frame)
4. Click on the Browse Server button
5. Determine where your image is located: in the image library or in another location on your computer. If in the image library, select the image from those displayed. If from another location, click on Upload New Image. The image will be added to your Image Library and will appear with all of your other images.
6. After uploading, a box will appear that includes the image and give you the opportunity to resize the image (width, height). Please note the ability to lock the image so that it retains its correct proportions.
7. Click OK after making necessary changes.
NOTE: (To insert an image already in your Image Library, skip steps 3 & 4 and instead choose an image from your image library.) You can also type the name of an image file in the Filter by File Name box to find it among your images. (See Managing Your Image Library at left for more on this.
NOTE: If you upload a new image but do not want to insert it immediately, just close the Image Manager box and hit cancel. The uploaded image will remain available in your Image Library for later insertion into this or other guides.