Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
About Books from Catalog
LibGuides makes it so simple to add information regarding books to any guide and content box... Follow the instructions provided here!
This is what it can look like if you select the same description display options... Other choices are to not display the full description but to instead have it pop up if the user hovers over the item title OR an information icon.
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by
Publication Date: 2002-09-01
The paperback edition of the legendary, record-breaking, best-selling fourth Harry Potter novel. Harry Potter is midway through his training as a wizard and his coming of age. Harry wants to get away from the pernicious Dursleys and go to the International Quidditch Cup. He wants to find out about the mysterious event that's supposed to take place at Hogwarts this year, an event involving two other rival schools of magic, and a competition that hasn't happened for a hundred years. He wants to be a normal, fourteen-year-old wizard. But unfortunately for Harry Potter, he's not normal - even by wizarding standards. And in his case, different can be deadly.
Adding a Book from the Catalog to a LibGuide
- Go to the LibGuide and content Box where you want the book from the library catalog added
- Go to Add/Reorder and select Book from the Catalog
- Make sure the Create New Book from the Catalog tab is selected
- Enter the ISBN number for the book and click on Get Book Info
- The author, title, publication information, description and cover art will automatically be added
- You may enter a local call number and/or URL to the item in the catalog if you want
- Determine how you want the description to be displayed and the position for the item within the box
- Click on Save