Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Once you have added all of your content and are ready to publish, there are still a few more steps -- outlined on this page -- that you need to take.
Of course, you can continue to make changes to the guide even after it is published.
Reviewing and Publishing Your Guide
Reviewing your guide:
- To see what your guide will look like when published, click on Guide Preview (looks like an eye) at the top of the page. The preview page will open in a new window.
- When you are ready for others to review your guide:
- In the same toolbar as the Guide Preview icon, use the drop down arrow beside unpublished and change the status from Unpublished to Private
- Click on Update Guide Status in the window that opens
- Request feedback by sending the URL to a select group of people
Publishing your guide:
- When you are satisfied that the guide is complete and you are ready to publish:
- Give it a "friendly URL."
- Click on the pencil beside Page URL
- Enter a single word or words running together in the Friendly URL box
- Change the status from Private to Published
- Assign the guide to a subject category
- Click on the pencil beside the word Subjects below the guide title
- Select subject(s) from the drop-down menu and click OK
- Optional: Add tags by clicking on the pencil beside Tags. Choose from existing tags or create new (Do not add tags until you are ready to publish.)
- Click OK
- You are now ready to publicize your LibGuide!